Monday, October 17, 2016

Why The President Should Be Barred From Smoking Pot By Law

I voted early, I didn't want to wait to vote for Hillary Clinton, Chellie Pingree... a straight Democratic ticket.   I expected to go in and have it take about two minutes, only there were so many people voting early that I had to wait in two lines.   I hope that's a good sign. 

Among the other things I voted for, weighted voting, a minimum wage rise, and other measures was the decriminalization of marijuana.    It's not that I'm especially pro-pot, I stopped using pot in the late 1960s because I realized it screwed up my playing.   I might be the only person to have been convinced by studying Milton Babbitt's Post-Partitions to give up pot.  

But I am in favor of one person in the United States being forbidden, by law, to smoke pot and that's the President of the United States,  well, anyone with the power to launch nuclear missiles.   It was Gary Johnson who convinced me that having a pot-head as president was a really terrible idea.  I mean, the guy is the worst advertisement for weed I've ever seen, he's like a remake of Reefer Madness all by himself.  If you haven't been convinced of that, watch this again. 


No comments:

Post a Comment