Saturday, September 12, 2026

My Neurologist Confirms What I'd Suspected

I have long endured severe neuralgia in my face,  though they can't come to a firm diagnosis that it's the dreaded trigeminal neuralgia, it hurts plenty enough for me.

The confirmation was that my age related receding gums has exacerbated the occurrences of it and its intensity.  Just one more of those reminders that this earth is not our home and that no matter what I want, my body's getting ready to die.   As it is, I am too Catholic to do it but I can understand why suicide is one of the more serious side-effects of intense neuralgia.  

I've known for decades that the change of seasons is another thing that makes attacks more frequent and intense. 

I do find that juniper berries help sometimes, a bit, especially if I don't chew them up but swallow them whole - the intense pain of seeds between the teeth is making me give up eating fresh tomatoes, blueberries, ground cherries, etc.  Things that make life worth living.   I'm tempted to buy a bottle of gin - how I accidentally found out about juniper suppressing inflammatory episodes.   But so far I haven't gone back on my resolution on that count.  I've seen too much alcoholism and what it does to go back to that. 

In case you wonder why my posting of substantial pieces has been slowing lately.  I'm still planning on going on with the anti-Marbury series,  especially as I become ever more convinced at the major role the Supreme Court has played in endangering equality, democracy and our very lives.   We are living in historically corrupt times largely because of them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment