THERE IS NO PODCASTER alive whose career is worth Democrats losing an election to a Republican-fascist, there is no one in the media, even a real journalist who tells the truth who is worth that and Hasan Piker is no reporter. He's a publicity seeking, big-mouth, sometimes foul-mouth blatherer who a lot of callow lefties are making into the kind of hill to die on , the kind that has cost the American left and Democrats far too much in the past. Some of those were arguably worth taking a stand on, such as the lesser items of the separation of church and state - though the temporary victories over that have resulted in a Supreme Court which has nullified that separation. Whatever victories were won cost entirely more than they were worth and, on that count, turned out to be less than futile. I could have lived with the offense of a tacky manger scene on the town green a lot better than the Republican Congresses, Presidents and Supreme Courts. And I'm opposed to them putting those on public property.
I've already said that my honor and reputation isn't worth risking the loss of a town council seat to a worse candidate, if I cared about my reputation and . . . you really think what I'm doing here for free is a "career"? If I cared about that I wouldn't transgress whatever limits and break any taboo I think it's necessary to break. I certainly wouldn't have become a critic of Darwinism, a critic of materialist- atheist-scientism . . . the power usurped by the Supreme Court to nullify duly adopted federal law and said numerous other lesser forbidden things if I cared at all about that.
I don't bother with lefties who take such clearly pointless stands, they too often turn out to be last stands. And, having seen his act, I wouldn't count on Piker to not turn on us as things develop. His irresponsibility in allowing his act to risk anything in real life is all the evidence I need to suspect that.
No comments:
Post a Comment