Monday, August 31, 2026

I Need More Tennessee Brando In My Life - "I'm so tired of living among idiots."

 


On the other hand there's something to be said about the gullible and stupid removing themselves from the breeding population - and I don't mean on account of their "genes," I mean them having a direct parental influence on their kids. 

I could go into the role that social-science, especially junk like evo-psy and bio-anny have on this once it gets into the unfiltered general kulcha.    It's a lot like the old he-man stuff that was a product of popular Darwinism, the stuff they published in pulp like Argosy,  what happens when people take junk science as seriously as they take sci-fi.  And an astonishingly large number of college graduates, even those with MS and PhD's in things you would guess would familiarize them with real science don't seem to be able to make those distinctions.  

The social-sciences and mainstream science based on things that cannot and never will be observable are to reality what reading the Scriptures as if they were science and history is to reality.    And BOTH are given all the rights and privileges as the real thing in the law and in life.   If it's as dangerous as junk history,  manifest destiny, neo-Confederacy, American exceptionalism, the founders fetish and the cult of the Constitution,  I don't know but I do know that suckers for one of the above are as often as not suckers for others in this list.  Italian fascism,  Nazism were products of the same trend as is Putinism in Russia.    I'm tempted to go into the basis of a romantic view of the classical period and the relationship of neo-classicism to 1930s and 40s fascism but I'll set off my resident troll if I do that.   Romanticism of the past is as stupid as the popular-manly view of Darwinism and notions of natural selection and its only, perhaps, somewhat more scientific conception of sexual selection.   Modern fascism is based in both as surely as 16th and 17th century notions of sovereignty were.  All of them are a danger to us. 

No comments:

Post a Comment