Sunday, September 15, 2024

Brahms:String Sextet in B-flat In Brahms' version for piano-4 hands

 


Miwako Takeda & Nobuhito Nakai  Recital in Tokyo Japan

I was unaware that Brahms had issued a version of this for piano 4-hands.   You don't know how tempted I am to find someone to study this with, though I doubt I'd have the time to do it justice for a public performance.  It's one of those pieces which I associate with very late summer or early fall, probably from hearing it performed then while I was in school, though I can't remember.

Here are the parts.   Wish it was in score format but I can understand why a piece of this would have been published the way it is.  Too involved for a score format to be practical.  Brahms did publish a version of the second movement variations for piano solo at the request of Clara Schumann.  I do think this version is more effective though I love the two hand version of it, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment