Friday, December 29, 2023

What About My Secretary of State! - The Pride And The Shame

I'M SELDOM PROUD of being from the state that I am but I'm so proud of Shenna Bellows for taking the honest and courageous measure to bar the criminal insurrectionist Trump from the Maine ballot in line with the plain meaning of the 14th Amendment to the Constitution.   We're not big on vainglory and overweening pride in Maine but there are times you just don't want to avoid it.

On the other hand, Susan Collins has already called for that decision to be overturned, that would be Susan the cowardly hypocrite and liar Susan Collins who has the support of the Republican, now Republican-fascist electronic media in Maine and, because of that,  has a majority of Maine voters duped.   If there's something about my state to be proud of, it ain't our media.   She is the shame of my state, one who knows no shame and who knows she'll never be shamed by the media here no matter how beneath contempt she gets.

No comments:

Post a Comment