Friday, January 14, 2022

Noon Whine

I'LL WARN YOU, that adult-ed writing course I took last year is being offered again.  I've signed up for it.  Only if he assigns that stupid football story this time mine's going to be about how sports builds bad character.  

I got into a brawl over why anyone would figure Hulk Hogan or anyone who comes out of that industry would expect him to be anything other than a big-mouthed, ignorant, superstitious, neo-fascist ass because sports builds that far more often than not.  If he assigned a golfing story it would probably be even worse, from what I've read golfers are even worse than soap-opera wrestlers.  

Update:  I should have finished the thought, hearing recordings of the deranged musings of Herschel Walker, it's sad what football does to the brains of its players.  It reminds me of Paul Robeson's son being convinced that his father's dementia was caused by a government conspiracy against a man who, by then, had long ceased to be of any political effect in the United States when his college football playing was a far more likely reason for it.  The adulation of football doesn't only cause cognitive decline in the players but in everyone who focuses on it with a cheesy soft-focus lens and sentimental amber light.

No comments:

Post a Comment