Thursday, January 21, 2021

I'm Beginning To Feel Like Celebrating The Last Days Of Christmas Since The First Ones Were So Fraught

THERE IS NOTHING IN POLITICS MORE RADICAL THAN MAKING ANY PROGRESS, PASSING IT INTO LAW, IMPLEMENTING IT, MAKING IT REAL.  

THERE IS NOTHING MORE RADICAL THAN DOING THINGS IN REALITY INSTEAD OF THEORIZING FANTASY TO MAKE THE LIVES OF PEOPLE, LIVING BEINGS, THE ENTIRE ENVIRONMENT BETTER, SAFER, MORE SUSTAINABLE AND PREPARING TO PASS THAT ON TO THE NEXT GENERATION.

This Biden Administration has the capacity to move things on in those directions, I believe that is what Joe Biden and Kamala Harris want to do, I think that is what those they are appointing want to do. 

The corporate media and the Republicans won't give Joe Biden and Kamala Harris any kind of honeymoon period,  I think the American left owes them a four year long one and their full support BECAUSE IF THE EXPERIENCE OF THE PAST FIFTY YEARS OF AMERICAN POLITICS SHOWS ONE THING IT IS THAT THE ONLY VEHICLE THAT IS GOING TO DO THAT IS A DEMOCRATIC ADMINISTRATION IN POWER.  

I hope and pray that with the Biden presidency his support of the appointment of Jamie Harrison as the head of the Democratic National Committee,  the legacy of Bill Clinton  and the DLC is at an end.  We have to move on from him.   Obama got us part way there, I think Joe Biden can do it.  With Bernie Sanders at the head of the Senate Budget Committee, I think things might change in the right direction. 

I was an ardent and complete supporter of Elizabeth Warrens Candidacy a year ago, I think she would have been a great president but what would have been is not the same as what can be.  One of the biggest lessons for me this past year is that there are other people in the great and diverse Democratic coalition who, while they may love Warren as much as I do, understood that she would not win against Trumpism.  I had been all in on supporting Hillary Clinton even as I was afraid that the garbage bags of lies told about her and, frankly, the problem of Bill Clinton might doom her candidacy. Bill Clinton's grotesquely stupid and irresponsible tarmac meeting with the Attorney General is probably the pivot point which lost her the Electoral College even as she won the popular vote.  I think she paid a huge price and the country a bigger one.  If I bring that up it is because I'll never not be mad about that anymore than I will James Comey and the New York Times sandbagging her to put Trump in office.  

I think more than leaving Trump behind is the promise of the last two days, and by saying that I don't mean not prosecuting Trump, his crime family, his criminal gang and the huge cast of goons and creeps who were the persona scumitae of the past five years.  I hope any time someone puts it to Joe Biden to interfere with the actions of the Department of Justice or prosecutors in New York, possibly Georgia, possibly other places that he should say he is not going to allow law enforcement under him to be corrupted by political pressure.   We've had that for four years and I hope among those considered for prosecution are Barr, Sessions, Rosenstein, Whitaker, and the rest of the gangster lawyer-liars who served the most criminal regime in our history.   Particularly Barr, of course, but the others should be disbarred and behind bars.  The lawyers who that could be said of is a long, long list.  And in saying that the various bar associations that don't throw out criminals like them, the candidates to be Donald Trump's new Roy Cohn should be investigated for being a corrupting force in the administration of law.  The contrast between the bravery of those who forthrightly and clearly and honestly exposed criminality and those who cowered short of calling what was right their in front of them what it was often hinged on whether or not they were lawyers or not.  

One of the unexpected things that happened yesterday at noontime - I wanted to know the exact second that Donald Trump was no longer president* - was that I felt an irresistible urge to fall asleep. As soon as I knew that gang of criminals  were no longer in charge and protected a tension that I'd come accustomed to for the past four years let up.   For me the most perfect of moments yesterday was seeing Kamala Harris presiding over the Senate and laughing about the weirdness of reading the description of her resignation from the Senate.  Knowing that Mitch McConnell won't be presiding over the Senate, at least for a while, may have been the highest point for me and that is thanks to the great Stacy Abrams, miracle worker and to the People of Georgia who turned out.  I hope that high turnout elections become the norm along with such things as virtual - I pray far less corrupt - conventions and inaugurations.   

No comments:

Post a Comment