Tuesday, August 20, 2019

Stupid Mail

Between the onions and garlic I planted in the spring, I've got to deal with about 280 feet of them, by hand.  That means pulling them, letting them dry in the sun (praying they don't get rained on) brushing the dirt off of each one, laying them out so they're not touching in the barn to continue curing - oh, and removing the still wet tops that could rot in the humidity we're having the result of human caused global-warming.  I'm going to try putting fans on them, this year, last year I had a lot of rot.   I'm expecting it to take all day.  I probably shouldn't have taken the time I did writing my morning post.  

City guys with no experience of gardening don't have a friggin' clue about where food comes from and the work that goes into it. 

Oh, yeah, for the city guys information, garlic is planted in the late fall.  I should mention that because I rushed writing this. 

No comments:

Post a Comment