Tuesday, May 7, 2019

Machine Intelligence?

Here's kind of thing I get in my unmoderated comments that leaves me wondering why someone would want me to post it.  

Thank you for the auspicious writeup.  It was an amazing account it. Look advanced to more agreeable from you!

My question is if this a sincere message that I can't understand from a real reader for whom English is not a second language, perhaps a product of machine translation?  Or if it's spam that I can't begin to see a motive for?  I get up to five of those every day and I can't, for the life of me, figure out why.   

Though it's not like the ones I get that make the absurd guarantee that I'd need a crane if I used their geezer whoopie pills.  Where those are coming from is pretty obvious.  I will note that much of the clearly intentional junk in my unmoderated comments leaves me in no confusion as to its motives, some of the humans who leave that are extremely stupid but they're clearly smarter than a computer. 

2 comments:

  1. I get comments like you quoted, usually with some link embedded. Never have figured out if they're machine generated or the product of translation software.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Back when I was really naive about such things, I e-mailed back asking what practical use it would be to me if I needed a crane for such a purpose. I live in an extremely small house.

      Delete