Tuesday, January 30, 2018

Tuesday Night Radio Drama - Gordon Pengilly - Lucky Girl - The Rawhide Hour



This one's pretty subtle, I've listened several times and gotten more of it every time. I've said before how much I like Gordon Pengilly's plays, It would be great if someone posted more of his radio plays online.   I've heard a number of them and read some more (never saw a production, though) and all of them were really fine work.    I'd much rather see a production of Flesh and Ghost or Contraption or Metastasis than see another production of Hughie or even Hamlet at this point.  Instead of the 10-minute play fad they should tap the huge number of radio plays that got done once and never again.   


This one is a radio-based, rodeo themed play.  If you listen with earphones, I'll warn you there's lots of whooping and loud radio announcements.   It's pretty funny and a little sad and kind of disturbingly appropriate for the week before America's Mammonist high holy day of brain-killing neck breaking mayhem and high cost advertising, sex, violence and money. 

NOTE:  I was going to post this tomorrow but figured I'd provide something for people who, like me, won't be listening to Trump's Numbnutzburg Address tonight. 

No comments:

Post a Comment