Tuesday, December 19, 2017

RMJ Does Good Advent Posts

RMJ, who knows a lot more about the Bible and its riches than I'm ever going to has been putting up a really fine series of posts this Advent,  I like the one he has today comparing different nativity stories in the Scriptures.  Starting with one of the figures in the Bible I like the most,  Hagar the slave girl with whom Abram (aka Abraham) has a son before his official wife get rid of her and her son.   

It might be because, as a gay man, it just didn't occur to me before, or it was due to those regrettable years I didn't spend with it because I was following various other things as a good little college educated, American, secularist, agnostic, but I'd never really noticed how the pivotal figures at so many points are the product of unexpected or difficult or that one unprecedented birth.   It's given me something to think about. 

I've got a health issue that I've got to deal with.  I will post something later.  If you haven't, you should read RMJ's posts on these things.   

Neuralgia, it's a real pain. 

No comments:

Post a Comment