Saturday, April 29, 2017

Saturday Night Radio Drama - Some Plays from Theater Five







This is from a series of radio dramas from the ABC network of all places, an attempt in the 1960s to revive the form on commercial radio in the United States.  Never heard of it at the time, No idea why. What I've heard of the series, it was was surprisingly good, amazing what you can do with 20 minutes.   I can't confirm the name of the writer for Jazz Festival, I think the credit said Fieldon Pellington, Odds on the Tower was written by Richard Mackracken  the recording of The Late Matthew Dillard cut out before the credits were given.  I'd really like to be able to give credits but I can't find a text of them online. 

You can see from the links that there were a lot of them made.  


1 comment:

  1. Hey Sparky -- here's a fabulously creepy 1945 radio adaptation of HP Lovecraft's great THE DUNWICH HORROR, with Ronald Colman.

    Tell me again how Lovecraft was such complete shit.

    ReplyDelete