Sunday, May 8, 2016

Covenental Economics: How God Wants Us to Treat the Other - Dr. Walter Brueggemann

April 10, 2016

Every time I hear Walter Brueggemann talk about the importance of Sabbath, he makes me feel guilty for posting stuff almost every day.   If not me then I'm sure you people need a break from me.

I love what he says about the subversiveness of the Eucharist in this talk and his criticism of the diminution of the Eucharist from its fullest context.   It seems to me that Christianity gets into trouble whenever it gets away from its Jewish roots in a rejection of the extraction economy for the entirely better alternative he talks about in this piece.   As he points out, the Bible says the same thing about Jews who get away from those same roots.

See Also: The Disease of Being Busy  BY OMID SAFI

No comments:

Post a Comment