Saturday, June 14, 2014

Marc Cary Focus Trio Waltz Betty Waltz


Marc Cary  Piano
Burniss Earl Travis II  Bass
Sameer Gupta  Drums

The first time I heard Marc Cary he was playing with my all time favorite singer, and one of my all time favorite musicians Betty Carter.  I say "musician" because her musicianship were beyond superb, she was among the best.  Marc Cary said:

Waltz Betty Waltz is dedicated to the great Betty Carter.  I wrote this for Betty to somehow document my love for her patience and insistence on excellence and etiquette.  She was open and had ears that could marvel anyone who listened to her.  She progressed my career and ability to be me by 100%  and I am ever grateful.  This tribute to Bettey Features Sameer Gupta on drums, Rashaan Carter on bass and Marc Cary on Piano.  I hope you enjoy this!

The performance at the link has a different bass player, obviously.   Both are wonderful performances.  Marc Cary is one of my favorite piano players.



No comments:

Post a Comment