Friday, January 24, 2014

Arm's Giving Me A Lot of Trouble

I don't know what I'm going to do if I can't go back to work for another month.  I can't begin to imagine how to teach music without showing them how to do it. 

On the other hand, the recorder's good for a bit of distraction.   I'm working on improvising with it, inspired by Tali Rubinstein's example.  I recommend music as a distraction from life's troubles, if you can't do anything about the troubles.  And it's so much more than that. 

Also, while the first impulse was to snark about love not being able to keep The Captain and Tennille together, I read that the real issue is that he's got Parkinson's and he would have to blow all of their combined savings before he could get help paying for extended care.  Pop music of the 1970s is mostly good for a bit of a laugh but there's nothing funny about that.  I wish them the best. 

No comments:

Post a Comment