Tuesday, December 24, 2013

You Can Add John Lennon to the list of Sinatra, Elvis and Lou Monte

That's the list of people I hope to never again hear singing Christmas music.   NPR just played his dreary Christmas offering again.   I think it's something they do, like Stamburg's cranberry relish thing and David Sedaris giving Christmas his elf job.   You can add them to lists of things I don't need to hear again. 

On the other hand,  I never get tired of Eudora Welty's,  A Worn Path, the best Christmas story I know.   

1 comment:

  1. I prefer Sedaris on his audio book "Holidays on Ice," if only because it includes all the words NPR won't broadcast. And it's the whole thing; I'm tired of NPR keeping the "tradition" alive by playing 5 minutes of the thing and calling it the whole.

    I do miss the music in the NPR version on the audiobook, though.....

    ReplyDelete