Monday, July 15, 2013

After a Trip Downtown I have to Say It

Tattoos repulse me.  I know it's the business of the person who has them but they repulse me.  Small tattoos are bad, big ones worse, those whole arm, whole body ones are entirely disgusting and facial tattoos creep me out.  If you have one, I'll behave and never mention them but they repulse me.  I'm not required to find you attractive, I am not required to ignore your ridiculous display of unremovable body art, stupidly applied in who knows what level of hygiene with whatever inks of who knows what danger to your body chemistry.  I am not required to find it attractive, I am not required to withhold judgement of someone who does that to their body and puts it on full display for the world to see.  You want it to be noticed and I notice it.  You want to make a statement and the one you're making to me is "I'm an idiot trying to look macho, who wants to show how kewl and transgressive I can be, a real outlaw type. A baaaaad boy.  A nonconformist who is making their statement of independence by conforming to a repulsive, stupid, fashion that will be looked at in later years as really really stupid, as skin cancers and other diseases result."   Tattoos on gay men turn me off. 

"Sex-pos feminism" is stupid.  First that other, older feminists were anti-sex is a lie invented by sexist swine in the earliest opponents of women's emancipation and suffrage,  taken up again by the opponents of the second wave of the 60s and 70s and now by a bunch of "feminists" who seem to think it's all about demanding the right to act like irresponsible 12-year-old boys.  "Slut walks" are stupid and counterproductive, complaining about catcalls from swinish men when women do "slut walks" or topless walks or other such stupid stunts is just stupid and a stupid way to get attention.  As if the boys were listening to you long enough to "get the idea behind it".  The problem is that they don't want to listen to you, they're too busy gawking at your body looking at you as if you're a piece of flesh for their pleasure.  "Sluts" are what they're hoping you are, they don't get your attempt to "own the word".  Owning words of oppression was, is and will always be a stupid idea.  Your "owning the word" your CALLING YOURSELVES SLUTS will only be used as evidence against you when they want to blame you for "acting like a slut".   You are doing them the favor of handing them the testimony that they'd have to make up otherwise.  

Going on forty years into the AIDS era, anyone who is encouraging young people to be irresponsible in having lots of unprotected sex with multiple partners is as good as a murderer, as far as I'm concerned. I can't stand adults who don't want to grow up.  I can't stand adults who don't grow up.  I have no respect for people who don't wanna grow up.    I have no problem with them being ashamed of it.   Shaming is good when it's in a good cause.  Don't you want the jerks to feel ashamed of themselves? 

No comments:

Post a Comment