Thursday, February 17, 2022

Thursday Daytime Standard Extra - Sheila Jordan - You Must Believe In Spring

 


Direct link to video 

Sheila Jordan · 

E.S.P. Trio

Robert Cipelli

Atillio Zanchi

Giannini Cazzola

Paulo Frescu, trumpet

Other than Paulo Frescu I'm not familiar with the musicians so I don't know what they play.   If what I find about this album online is accurate, this was recorded either when Sheila Jordan was about 87 or 77, either way her singing is great.  I've heard lots of singers whose voices had faded still going on, which I've got no problem with if people want to hear them.  Few if any have gone on with so much voice left and have done so much with what's still there.  Looking at her website, she's still scheduling performances and workshops at 93.   She was and is a wonderful singer and performer and inspiration. 

Didn't want to wait till Monday to post it.

No comments:

Post a Comment