Tuesday, February 15, 2022

Do not do to others what is detestable to you - I Figured You'd Know That Quote Without A Citation

I PURPOSELY USED Hillel's formulation of The Golden Rule figuring people would know that.  Maybe I should have given a citation for everything.  He said it contained the entire Law, the rest was mere commentary.  It's probably his most famous saying not to appear on a soap bottle, at least I never saw it there as I squinted at the tiny letters with soap in my eyes.  It is the negation of all oppressive government, poison for fascism and gangster government in all its forms including that set up under the American Constitution.  It would solve all our political troubles and our growing and grotesque inequality.  If everyone did that we would have an egalitarian democracy, universal justice, economic justice, etc.  I would trade the entire Bill of Rights for it to be the law of the land and fire the Supreme Court before they could screw it up to benefit  their gangster buddies.

No comments:

Post a Comment