Saturday, December 11, 2021

Saturday Night Radio Drama - David Victor and Jackson Gillis - Christmas Letter - Let George Do It

 Christmas Letter

Finding decently written Christmas radio drama is hard, believe me, I tried.  This one has the virtue of not being A Christmas Carol or The Gift of the Magi.  It's depressing how many times those were resorted to. 

This one is an old-time tough-guy detective story with a lot of fun twists and turns.   People ask me why I don't post more "golden age of radio" stuff, maybe I should dip into those archives more.

I had never heard of the writers before and was interested to find out that at least Jackson Gillis is someone whose work I certainly saw before, he wrote scads of stuff for TV, some shows I certainly saw, some I didn't.  I don't know if he and maybe his co-writer got away with many of the the things on TV they got away with on radio where they can do anything for the cost of a sound effect. 

No comments:

Post a Comment