Saturday, August 7, 2021

Saturday Night Radio Drama - Little Miss HIggins - My Heart Is A Train

 My Heart Is A Train 

 

Little Miss Higgins is a blues woman from Saskatchewan.  Bet  you didn't expect to read that sentence today.  I've liked her music since first hearing her online about four or five years back.   She spent some of her time during Covid doing this audio drama, more of a reading than the things I usually post.  It heavily relies on her musical recordings, it's a good introduction to her music. It's got more drinking in it than I can usually tolerate these days.   Unfortunately one of the things I came across said she's decided not to do any new music recording because it's so hard for working musicians to make enough to live on from recordings due e to digital music distribution, leading lots of good but non-famous depending more on performing - Covid has really hit good but not famous musicians hard. 

I liked this and hope she continues doing it.  It was an interesting account of current train travel without some of the romantic cliches you'll find on those train shows they used to have on PBS.  Wonder if they still have those on but not enough to look.

No comments:

Post a Comment