Tuesday, August 3, 2021

I Was Only In It For The Funny

YOU KNOW IF I had dissed the early 1960s pop song "Norman" (o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o) I'd have gotten hate mail claiming that Sue Thompson was a genius for the ages and that "Sad Movies Always Make Me Cry" proved it.

Now stop asking me why I loved to trigger that kind of idiot by making fun of the mop heads or I'll give you another deadly earworm,

Update:  I actually did find the occasional song by Paul McCartney to be OK, Blackbird, for example and I was rather fond of George Harrison.  As an ensemble and the for the most part, them apart from it, not so much.  

John perhaps least of all, most overrated of them, biggest jerk. I was just baiting the idiot troll for a lot of it, though "Imagine" is the stupidest "anthem" in the history of cheap, shoddy pop "anthems."  Stupid, hypocritical words, stupider "melody" entirely banal harmony and rhythm.  As someone said about the movie Moment By Moment, Quaalude time in la la land.   And still those who intone it can't "sing" it in tune or time.  It's the anthem of the tone deaf and affluent contentedness. 

That's my final word on the topic.

No comments:

Post a Comment