Tuesday, March 10, 2020

Update

My sister has been released to house quarantine, her phenumonia has cleared and though she's weak she can breathe without the oxygen and she hasn't had a fever for a while.  Her testing still is inconclusive and she can't return to work till the results are in.  Not that she would be able to do it the condition she's in.  

She's wondering if it wasn't Covid-19 what's going to happen when she's exposed to it having had pneumonia so badly and so recently.  It's kind of strange, we're hoping that that's what it was and that it gives some immunity to the virus.    

I'm still saying it was good for us that we had the experience especially if it wasn't Covid-19 because it forced us to think about just how hard it is to avoid getting it or passing it on.  I'm hearing about the number of disposable garments and gloves the hospital is going through and remembering the stories my mother used to tell about washing surgical gloves and garments in the hospital in the 1930s and through the war years.  I'll bet they'll get back to that before this is out.  

I hope the State testing goes better because the CDC is clearly either overwhelmed or they're responding to Trumpian pressure.  That press conference the other day was the scariest thing I've heard or read about this, yet. 

I've still got the cough and am feeling pretty weak, too but nothing like she had it.   I'm wondering if I should pick up a wind instrument again to build up my breathing.  

No comments:

Post a Comment