Thursday, January 9, 2020

Mr NYC Apparently Doesn't Know Shit About The Place

I have decided to go with the evidence of just how stupid my stupidest and most obsessive compulsive troll is because it's a wasted day, now, anyway.

In his bid to FUCKIN' PROVE THAT QUEENS IS UNIQUE, MAN!  he has fallen onto the argument that Queens has a borough president and a district attorney.  I quote, "I guess the Queens borough president and the Queens District Attorney don't actually exist then. Interesting."  

Simp's comments often have a lot in common with Trump's tweets.  I suppose it's because they they both think like 2-year-olds. 

I guess it didn't occur to him to see if the other boroughs had those officers, as well, here's what I found in a search for "borough presidents of new york city"

The current borough presidents were either elected or re-elected in the most recent election in 2017:

Rubén Díaz Jr. (Democrat) of The Bronx (since 2009)
Eric Adams. (Democrat) of Brooklyn (since 2014)
Gale Brewer. (Democrat) of Manhattan (since 2014)
Melinda Katz. (Democrat) of Queens (since 2014)
James Oddo. (Republican) Staten Island (since 2014)

And, though I didn't find a list I could just copy and paste in about ten seconds, I found the current DAs of all of the boroughs by easy web search, some of whom I'm kind of stunned that the stunned one has never heard of before sittin' down there with his ass  on the actual Center of His Universe.  I've heard of at least four of them not having been there in decades. 

Darcel D Clark is the DA for the Bronx
Eric Gonzalez is the DA for Brooklyn
Cy Vance, Jr is the Manhattan DA (I'd have thought even an idiot like Simps has heard of him or his father or the famous man he replaced, Robert Morgenthau.) 
Melinda Katz is the DA for Queens
Michael McMahon is the Staten Island DA

I think the only one I haven't heard of before is Eric Gonzalez, though I don't know why that would have been.  Maybe he's been in the news and I just didn't remember the name. 

Update:  By the way, I don't know why Melinda Katz is still listed as both the borough president and the DA online.  The actual occupant of the office isn't dispositive for my point. 

Update 2:  Oh, and, since I cribbed the first list from Simp's idea of the ultimate intellectual authority, other than himself and whatever scribbler of pop criticism he's cribbing at the time,  Wikipedia,  here's a sentence from their description of the current powers of the borough presidents of NYC.

A Borough president is an elective office in each of the five boroughs of New York City. For most of the city's history, the office exercised significant executive powers within each borough, and the five borough presidents also sat on the New York City Board of Estimate. Since 1990, the borough presidents have been stripped of a majority of their powers in the government of New York City.

No comments:

Post a Comment