Sunday, December 1, 2019

War On Stuffmas

Just saying, but I have never enjoyed Christmas as much as since I pulled out of the present getting and giving part of commercial American Christmas.  American Christmas is about stuff, the less stuff you stuff into Christmas the more room there is for other things in it.  I am the Scrooge of Stuffmas, now.  

One of my older nieces learned before I did, she stopped giving stuff and started giving her family and friends experiences, passes to local museums and arts venues, that kind of thing instead of stuff that will lie around only a little of it to be passed on to someone else who doesn't really want it in the ambiguous practice of re-gifting.  It's a good place to start.  

Give money to people who won't pay it back to you is another that couldn't have a more appropriate seasonal origin.  

The money spent on the crap of Stuffmas, decorations, cutesy kitchy crap, yech, it makes me sick just to think of it, would probably feed a good percentage of the hungry population - and that's not counting the cost when it inevitably gets thrown away.  

Free youselves, you might regret it but I doubt it.  Eat a few cookies, listen to some music, share meals with people.  Share experiences.  

No comments:

Post a Comment