Tuesday, December 3, 2019

How Much Of A Disingenuous Jerk Is Jonathan Turley? The Republican Witness In Tomorrow's Hearing?

I have known General Barr for many years in my work as both an academic and a litigator, including my representation of Barr with other former Attorneys General during the litigation leading up to the Clinton impeachment. As I have stated publicly, I can think of no person better suited to lead the Justice  department at this critical period in history. Bill Barr is a brilliant and honorable lawyer who can ensure stability and integrity in these turbulent times. While we seem to be living in an age of rage, the Barr nomination should be an opportunity for both sides to find a common ground in our commitment to the rule of law and equal justice. Those are the values that define Bill Barr and I have no doubt that those are the values that he would.

Written Statement
Professor Jonathan Turley
J.B. & Maurice C. Shapiro Professor of Public Interest Law
Confirmation Hearing For Attorney General Nominee
The Honorable William Pelham Barr
United States Senate Committee on the Judiciary
United States Senate

January 16, 2019

"Common ground in our commitment to the rule of law and equal justice,"  It might not be the biggest heap of bull shit piled before a Senate Committee this year, but it's one of the most odoriferous.   

Update:  I wasn't a Turley fan years ago, I wrote about his "neuro-law" bullshit about a decade ago.   From now on I think he's going to be "Little Dersh" to me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment