Monday, October 28, 2019

I Guess This Is How A Straight Guy Says "Please" or How We Know Duncan's Not In The Club*

That's Our Guy


I've done too many versions of this post, but every time I spend much time actually watching Trump, I just can't fathom that anyone actually sees him as some sort of appealing Alpha Male action movie hero. I get Owning The Libs. I get loving all the racism. I get he's a rich guy. I get he's an old guy with a hot young wife (not interested in arguing Melania's attractiveness, let's just say she symbolizes a type of it at the very least). I knew guys in college who idolized Rush Limbaugh at the time and I even sorta got that, but largely because Rush Limbaugh is like 10 X the "man's man" Donald Trump is and trust me that isn't because I think highly of Rush Limbaugh in this regard, either. 

This is his afternoon post, or so I'm told. At 136 words, including title, it's goes into the file of his long form works.  

Rush Limbaugh?  A "man's man"?  An obese pill soaked cabana boy hound who sits in a plush chair bellowing into a mic for a living?   I guess that's what a white collar guy's idea of a "man's man" is.  I know accountants who are trade**  compared to these fat drugged up rich guys.   And I mean accountants who look and act like accountants.  Heck, Fred Rogers was more butch than those guys.  

*  I haven't heard anyone say that in more than thirty years and the last time I heard it his boyfriend said, "No one says that anymore. "   Just thought I'd use it one last time. 

** Come to think,  I don't know if people say that anymore, either.

No comments:

Post a Comment