Wednesday, October 30, 2019

Hate Mail

I read a bit.  I find it is not only far more efficacious in expanding the mind than travel is reputed to be, it also is far cheaper and more convenient.  And you can do it every day.   I've known lots and lots of ignorant, bigoted yahoos (so many of them living in major metropolis) who are always going on about where they've gone on vacation.   

And I like it. Reading.

You act as if I should be ashamed of having read a few articles and papers.  Is it a brazen act of rebellion against convention in online America c. 2019 to try to find things out?

Well, I don't feel ashamed.  This isn't high school where the kew-el kids can try to make the kids who read and do their homework feel ashamed for being counter-cultural.  And it's so hilarious to see people entering into their senectitude trying to be kew-el.  It reminds me of when my young nieces saw Mick and his old stones perform at the Superbowl and howled with laughter about the funny old men trying to look like kids in their 20s.   They thought the game was stupid but their old granddad (on the other side) was trying to get them interested in it.  Didn't take, they are indifferent to it.  But they thought the old man rockers were hilarious. 

No comments:

Post a Comment