Sunday, April 28, 2019

I Hope That Fixed It

After trying to figure out why only one post was appearing on the home page, the only thing I came up with was the graph I put in it was causing the problem.  Taking that out seems to have fixed the problem at least for now, it turned out to be the wrong graph, anyway, something I didn't notice till trying that. 

And here I expected to get the trolls in a lather all day by dissing his godship, Tom Lehrer.   

Here's a variation on something I said at NTodd's blog, today. 

It's funny how thinking life is serious and important is counter-cultural in our time of such widespread college-credentialing. I think it's one of the bases of real democracy to think life is serious and important. Acting like life is a joke leads to only a simulacrum of democracy being possible.  

I got that thought as I remembered that the quote from H. L. Mencken, his definition of "Puritanism" was something Ronald Reagan used to explain his philosophy of life.  Looking around to see if I could find a video of him saying that, I found that H. L. Mencken seems to have his greatest fan base among Republican-fascists and foppish libertarians.  Considering he was a racist, reactionary, superficial ass, that's not any great surprise. 

The educated class gets all upset when you violate the prohibition on taking life as being important and, so, serious.   If it wasn't something that was important I might do it just to be counter-cultural.  The Playtime and Funtime boys don't ever change anything for the better, comedy changes little to nothing, it can only verify existing attitudes, that's how comedy works.   I'm smiling in anticipation of the lather they'll get in while I'm typing that. 

No comments:

Post a Comment