Monday, February 4, 2019

Feeling Cranky, Still Sick

I assume, since idiots living within hearing were setting off fireworks while smart people were trying to sleep, that the New England team won the stupid game.  I wish they hadn't.  As I've pointed out before, the only thing worse than a Boston sports fan's whining when their team loses is when they win.  

But this is going to be a rant against fireworks being made legal by the goddamned Republicans.  At least last night there wasn't much of a chance of them setting the woods on fire, we've had idiots set them off during periods of severe fire danger in the past several years.  I wonder what it will take to convince the state legislature that they should reimpose the ban and sensibly held until the goddamned Republicans overturned it, goddamned Republicans having overturned the ban in New Hampshire long before.  I hate goddamned Republicans, all of them, and I don't mind saying so.  Especially when their legislation wakes me up in the middle of the night. 

Being as it is, it's going to take a major catastrophe which will have to cost big business lots of money to get them to ban fireworks, again. As I was lying awake wondering of the idiots were done yet, I wondered if any firefighters had run into caches of fireworks in burning houses.  That must be fun.  It's bound to happen, sooner or later, though I doubt even injury and deaths of firefighters will get them to change that goddamned Republican law.   Maybe if it costs some big insurance company too much or something.  

No comments:

Post a Comment