Tuesday, January 1, 2019

Firmly Resolved

I made one public resolution yesterday, something I should have done years ago and I did it in public which means I'm too proud to go back on it.  We'll see in a year if I kept it. I'm counting on my readers to keep me from backsliding.  

There are several others which I made and which are private.  Maybe I'll let you know if I kept those next year.  Maybe.  

I did get a pair of those Perfect Push Up things because doing push ups makes my wrists hurt and one of my resolutions was that I'm not buying any heavier dumb bells than I've got and I really don't want to end up in the kind of shape I'd get in if I didn't exercise.  So, I'm doing body-weight exercise.  It seems kind of unfair that you need to do more exercise as you get older to maintain your health but apparently fairness has nothing to do with it.  Hope to be able to dig my garden without getting a backache in a few months. 

I won't be buying anything online.  My debit card number got stolen - luckily my credit union caught it right away so I didn't lose any money.   I decided to not ask for another one.  Which, since I used it mostly to buy used books at ABE will also help with the perennial resolution to not buy any more books till I've read all the ones I've got.  I'm a real sucker for books.  

No comments:

Post a Comment