Tuesday, October 23, 2018

Stupy As Auteur

Stupy, it's not that I've never gotten a joke, it's that you've never told one that was funny.   Where I come from jokes are supposed to be funny.  

You are to Eschaton what Jerry Lewis was to the most pretentious part of the ass end of French pseudo-intellectual pretension, that is if they have gotten over that idiotic fashion.  And Eschaton ain't France. 

As the late Roger Ebert said, 

Once, a very long time ago, Jerry Lewis made me laugh. I was seven at the time. He still seems to be making movies for the same audience.

I never laughed even once at Jerry Lewis but, then, I don't think I saw one of his movies till I was eight.  I was a lot older than that when Eschaton started.  And Jean-Luc Godard is a horses ass.  

I threw that in to make you go all Darren Nichols.  That's the only time you're funny. 

Update:  I checked with my brother when it would have been we went to the Saturday Matinee and he said it couldn't have been before I was nine because he wasn't old enough that our parents would have allowed him to take me until that year.   And I didn't think it was funny, I thought Jerry Lewis's character was stupid even then. One of the ones with Dean Martin. Don't know which one. 

20 comments:

  1. BTW, Sparkles, Chaplin's THE GREAT DICTATOR is on Turner right now.

    Amazing that there isn't a single mention of Charles Darwin in the best satire of Hitler ever.
    :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Proving that you and Jerry Lewis are both kings of komedy.

      I'd say that you've obviously entered into late stage dementia but I doubt you've ever been any smarter than you are. Though I'll bet that's the kind of argument that gets the heads nodding at Duncan's doesn't it, the place where fools rush in and the wise fled long ago.

      Delete
  2. I didn't say you never got one of MY jokes. I said you've never gotten ANY joke.

    Jeebus, you're an illiterate as well as incapable of understanding irony.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If there is irony in your alleged joke it would be explainable, explain it.

      I'm known for my sense of humor but I tend to hang out with people who graduated from Soupy Sales and Jerry Lewis at about the same age Roger Ebert did. Online plenty of people have found my jokes funny. I've gotten lots of appreciative reaction at Media Matters and unlike you, I don't do sock puppets.

      Delete
  3. "I'm known for my sense of humor."

    So true, Sparkles. Also -- Pat Boone was known for his skill in interpreting Little Richard songs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not by me.

      Uh, Stupy, aren't you supposed to be explaining the "irony" in your "joke"? Go on, explain it, since you're the one who claimed it was there.

      I'm quite certain a number of those who read my limericks making fun of you found them humorous.

      Delete
  4. "I'm quite certain a number of those who read my limericks making fun of you found them humorous."

    Name three of those people. And get them to post signed and notarized statements agreeing with you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sure, right after you explain the "irony" in your "joke".

      Delete
  5. Next time you're standing at a urinal, look at what you're holding.

    ReplyDelete
  6. WHOA! THE OLD "IT'S IN YOUR HAND" CLICHE!!!

    Good for you, Sparkles!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I figured it would be the same vintage as what you'll be holding.

      Delete
    2. Talk about the law of diminishing returns.
      :-)

      Delete
    3. Oh, is that the formula they use to measure yours?

      Delete
  7. ""I'm known for my sense of humor."

    Here's a clue, schmucko. Every single person who has to say out loud that they have a sense of humor is just showing that they don't.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't have to, I chose to. And it was in writing, not out loud.

      Delete
    2. Wow, That got you out of trouble.
      :-)

      Delete
    3. I can see how talking about your dick would remind you of people not having got into trouble.

      Delete
  8. "This is a blog for adults and I intend to keep it that way. "


    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Says a guy who is pretending to be a teenager into his senectitude.

      I can see how you'd get upset, Simps, some of us are potent, you're not even pup tent.

      Delete