Thursday, June 7, 2018

Note On The Missed Days

I have come to the conclusion that what's going on with me is what people call writer's block.   I figured non-writers like me were immune to that, I've never had any trouble writing before now.  Maybe I'm just getting old and tired.  There are so many outrages to choose from that it's hard to know where to start.   Somewhere I read a writer who said the best thing to do with writer's block was to just write and eventually it would pass.  As has been mentioned here before, Virgil Thomson gave similar advice to composers who were stuck, that they should write a piece a day until they found the music they wanted to write.   I'll try that, at least it's doing something.

And, I can always just respond to the hate mail.  That's a never ending source of material, though they never come up with anything new to answer to.  For example, there's my response to "General Zod" who may or may not be a sock puppet, though he's about as sharp as a sock full of soup.

No comments:

Post a Comment