Sunday, December 6, 2015

Prayers Answered? It Sure Feels Like It

My dog is home, safe and is sleeping soundly on the couch.  He was my mother's dog, a terrier she was given as a present but who I took in when she couldn't handle him anymore.  He's 14 years old and had never, until this afternoon slipped out of the fenced in back yard.  He almost got a mile away, we were afraid he'd gone off in the woods to die but he was down the road a mile.  The man who lived down there brought him in and was going to take him to the police station when the dispatcher told him where he lived.  The four hours he was missing were worrisome, prayers asking for the intercession of my patron saint were said.  I don't know if that was a test of the kind discussed a few days ago but all I can report is he is back, looking a bit ashamed.   He hasn't been scolded, he got fed extra.  I nailed some chicken wire across the door we figured he slipped out of.  He doesn't go out unsupervised anymore.  

There are some striking coincidences involved but I'm afraid my detractors would blow a gasket if I noted them.  I'm feeling like I should make an effort to restrain my baser tendencies in light of the experience.    Instead, here's the Gregorian Liturgy of St. Anthony


No comments:

Post a Comment