Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Documentary - Different Drummer Elvin Jones


It's a bit out of focus but it's one of the better short documentaries about a jazz musician.  It shows, in music, mostly, why Elvin Jones was such an amazingly original and good drummer.

The comments have one by the fine Jazz bass player Gerald Cannon that says,

Gerald Cannon 7 months ago
 I was the last Bassist to play with Elvin Jones, i was with the jazz machine for about 7 years and i thought i knew how to play the bass before i played with Elvin .I was wrong i learned more about dynamics time groove and melody from Elvin than any band i had ever played with before him . I really learned to trust my self and my time with him he was a great man i miss him dearly . God Bless Elvin Jones 

No comments:

Post a Comment