Wednesday, July 29, 2026

Maybe We Should Start Talking About "Paulism"

 "Dr. Rand Paul" is jealous because DR. Anthony Fauci is a real doctor,  one of the most respected doctors in his field in the world for more than a half a century,  not one that is licensed by his own pseudo-medical agency.

The Republican-fascists are outdoing the late Senator Joe McCarthy and HUAC by miles and miles.   Will George Clooney do a movie about it?    Not unless they go after Hollywood figures would be my guess.  

I wouldn't answer their questions,  not with them having stated their intentions to prosecute without having any evidence of any crime.   I wouldn't have been as polite in opening as Dr. Fauci was, but, then, he's a lot nicer than I am.   

I wonder if Susan Collins and the other "moderate" fascists will vote to hold him in contempt of the Senate.   These days I don't know how anyone with a sense of moral awareness could be in any other state in regard to that bunch of windbags. 

5 comments:

  1. Uh Sparky — Sean Penn is directing a film about J6 from the perspective of a cop beaten by the protesters. Coming out just in time for the 2028 election.

    But you know, fuck Hollywood. 😎

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A. How do you know the movie will not suck?
      B. Which of the cops' beaten by the "protesters" perspective will it be from?
      1. They weren't protesters, they were insurrectionists.
      2. How closely did or will Penn or whoever wrote the movie hew to the perspective of the individual in making the movie instead of doing what is usually done, changing it to suit the purposes of the writer, directer, producer, leading actors, etc.
      3. What about the perspective of the many, many other cops who were beaten and tortured, nearly killed, and, in fact, killed by the insurrectionists? Not all of them had the same experience, not all of them would have the same account to give. You can't make a movie about all of them.
      C. How do you know what effect, if any, such a movie will have on an election more than two years from today?
      1. If that issue is going to inform the electorate, I'd rather it not be through a fictionalized account but through the actual testimony of the police officers who went through it and witnessed it.
      2. No matter what Sean Penn and his colleagues motives are, you can't predict what effect it will have before hand.
      3. I doubt Penn's movie can possibly compete with the real-life narrative, filmic accounting, etc. of the televised summary of the J6 Committee of the house. That legislative-testimonial account was an absolute masterpiece that no docudrama or Hollywood produced product for theater or direct to online release ever could be.

      And I didn't even have to fuck Hollywood to point any of that out but, yeah, if by "Hollywood" you mean Clooney, fuck him.

      Delete
  2. :"1. They weren't protesters, they were insurrectionists. "

    You're not really big on the concept of irony are you, Sparky. 😎

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're not really big on the concept of words having actual meaning, are you Simels. Explain your use of the word "irony" in that sentence. If you wanted me to take you meaning the word "protesters" as being ironic in the way you used it above, which would have been really stupid, you should have put it in quotes. For someone who made their living from scribbling, or typeling words, you don't seem to know much about its mechanics.

      Delete
    2. Oh, and I notice you haven't answered any of those points I so thoughtfully outlined for you. You can't answer them, can you.

      Delete