Tuesday, January 25, 2022

Blogging Is Quick And Dirty Writing - This Ain't The Old Oxford University Press, De-ah

WHEN I WRITE something as long as these last two posts I do it on a text editor because I need to get rid of the formatting of quotes that I cut and paste to preserve accuracy.   The spell-check for the text editor I use is old-fashioned and clunky and doesn't have a very big vocabulary so it often doesn't catch things.  I am, as announced, fairly indifferent to the standard spelling of the English language so I'm rather shameless.  My misspelling the Powell's first name is due to the fact that I type these things in my spare time - most of the time I spend on this is researching and reading and checking citations - and I don't have that much on Tuesdays. 

I'm not going to lose sleep over misspelling a segregationist-fascist's first name, I'm too busy looking for more important things when I come back and get around to fixing my bigger errors. 

I'd rather get the evidence and reasoning fairly right than get fussed about the mechanics of writing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment