Wednesday, December 1, 2021

Oh, No, I'm Entirely Happy With The Methods Of Science As Long As Everyone's Honest About What Those Are, What They Can And Can't Show And That The Requirement To Follow Them Holds For Everyone - Hate Mail

IT MIGHT HAVE BEEN about twelve years ago when I briefly frequented Chris Mooney's old blog,  I got into it with a guy online who I believed was an early member of the atheist-materialist cover-group CSICOP when I said something uncomplementary about the chief huckster of that outfit, Paul Kurtz.  It quickly became a contest, the atheist commentator who was trolling me prodding me to see which unacceptable points of view I would expose myself as holding on the quasi-science blog, me bringing up the unsavory history of CSICOP's anti-scientific scandals and the lies and other assorted antics of its celebrity members.  He was enough of an insider to know that Chris Mooney had a connection to Kurtz, as I recall.  I will say Mooney was, at least then, entirely civil about it and above board.  I haven't kept up with what he's doing.

I did make the entirely justified observation that in the area of human minds and behavior there was absolutely nothing then being done by conventional psychology that had the scientific integrity of the controlled research into the forbidden topics on the pseudo-skeptics' INDEX OF FORBIDDEN TOPICS, such as telepathy and precognition and, what I really recall setting him off, psychokinesis.  As I recall it came up in my criticism of one of the star CSICOPers of the group, the psychologist Ray Hyman whose dishonesty in regard to the suppression of evidence was known by me, that brought me to that point.  He might be the last of the original atheist inquisition to still be alive.

I managed to stop him short with a question as to why he could accept the the idea that there was quantum entanglement at the level of a photon but that he, then, didn't want to consider the possibility that similar "spooky" things might happen at the level of human experience of the universe.   Of course he couldn't maintain his faith in reductionism as the true path to ultimate truth and maintain there was a line past which whatever forces permitted that kind of well established behavior of photons was divorced from the more complex physical realm which we live in and experience.  Especially when, during the argument, I wouldn't let him do the atheist shuffle to sweep it aside but to insist that he deal with the issue. 

That is directly relevant to this passage from the essay by George Ellis and Joe Silk in which it is insisted that quantum physics have an impact at a far greater level than was inconvenient for the CSICOP hack, in fact, to realms where there is absolutely no evidence there is existence. 

The many-worlds theory of quantum reality posed by physicist Hugh Everett is the ultimate quantum multiverse, where quantum probabilities affect the macroscopic. 

The argument of the multiversers is that everything they want to exist exists because of quantum probabilities - which I wonder is so capacious that it includes things that never have physical existence anywhere -  is held to be totally respectable science by the scientistic atheist materialists BECAUSE THEY MISTAKENLY BELIEVE IT DISPOSES OF GOD ONCE AND FOR ALL, a motive that should have nothing to do with science, while they hold that things which would be far more modest possible explanations of humanly experienced phenomena right here in our human life are forbidden ideas. 

As I said the controlled, formal research into that follows the rules of science, answering their critics far more rigorously than conventional psychology ever does, it is, in fact, the most scientific law abiding research done into human minds that I've ever seen, and it's the atheists who not only want to break the rules of science but to declare that for what they want to do those don't matter.  They peddle their ideology of destroying science as defending science successfully to the idiot press and, so, the gulled public.

As I said, they may not have the power to generate every irony possible but they do a good job of generating as many of them and as big ones as they can. 

I hope you can see from the above that I do try to know the territory before I set foot in it.

No comments:

Post a Comment