Monday, November 29, 2021

Just Beginning

SECOND BREAK-THROUGH COVID case in two weeks in my almost completely vaccinated family, this time someone with a serious underlying condition that means it might kill her even being vaccinated. Very close to me instead of half-way across the country.

It's not over, it might just be getting started.  The Black Death went on for many years.

Going back to total seclusion to the extent I can, they should be closing the schools and other things but they'll wait till it's way past time.  It's already too late. 

On a brighter note, RMJ does great Advent posts.  I need to get some castenets, though maybe playing my recorder or penny whistle would be better for my lungs.  I might need that soon.

2 comments:

  1. So schmucko -- how are you -- the world's most Prevagen-deficient blogger on the planet -- today? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have good news for you, Simps, I don't need it so all the more for you.
    It wasn't while thinking about your typelage that led me to conclude that among a large percent, if not a majority of college-credentialed English speakers that all aspects of intellectual activity were not evaluated on things like evidence presented, logical analysis of the evidence, etc. but on whether or not what was said agreed with your prejudices. That the secular alleged left was as apt to practice that as much of the conservative right though, perhaps, somewhat less apt to than the Republican-fascists. Though you are an excellent example of that practice. I think that among secularists it's the ideological atheists who are the most prone to it. Totally incapable of looking at anything they don't agree with, right up to the top of that ideological pyramid as the critique from George Ellis and Joe Silk which I remembered reading about six years ago supports. The idiots don't even get that they cut the legs out from under their own ideological basis as they do it, so bad are they at self-criticism.

    ReplyDelete