Thursday, September 16, 2021

After I Asked Nicki Who? - I Am Asked What I Think About Nicki Minaj's Antics

There's stupid, and then there's internet stupid. It's a like a whole other country; of stupid.

RMJ (in a comment he once made here)

Internet stupid is a subset of pop kulcha stupid.

I had never heard of Nicki Minaj before but looking her up and previous hypocrisies (going from making an appearance over Pride Month to getting paid 7 figures for singing at a Saudi pop concert, a country where they regularly behead LGBTQ people*), previous stupid statements, etc. what the jerk said to her 22 million followers about someone's balls swelling up because they got the Covid vaccine was something that should be criminal.

Pop kulcha has got to be put back in the category of stupid frivolity because when it's taken seriously it is too dangerous.  I know WHY it's taken seriously, because there's so much money in it, but that does nothing to mitigate that it is dangerous for not only egalitarian democracy but, also, the public safety and health.  The internet, social-disease media has brought this potential of it to the point of crisis.  False witness, lying, the spreading of falsehood and the peddling of scummy crap like Reagan and Trump and Larry Elders is endemic to it.  

Academics who specialize in pop culture on any basis except its danger to egalitarian democracy and a safe, decent life are a disgrace to scholarship and should be seen for the fame and money grubbing whores they are.   Journalists, too, though they have no shame as a profession. 


* I read she dragged Joy Reid over "homophobia" the other day.   I'll bet she didn't drag the Crown Prince of The House of Saud who arranged for her to sing and get paid that over his murdering LGBTQ people, peaceful protestors, journalists, etc. 


Update:  Of course I listened. To two "songs," more than enough to know her junk isn't for me.  By the time I was aware of rap "music" I figured, hey, we've got comedy that isn't funny, why not songs that aren't music?  Then I heard more and I thought, "I hear America whining."

2 comments:

  1. FROM OUR DEPARTMENT OF UTTERLY MORONIC SWEEPING OVER GENERALIZATIONS:
    "Pop kulcha has got to be put back in the category of stupid frivolity because when it's taken seriously it is too dangerous."

    Right. So if you enjoy the music of the Beatles, the films of Tarantino and Scorsese, BBC cop shows on PBS, and graphic novels by Neil Gaiman (to name a few examples) you're a threat to the Republic. Good grief, it's a miracle you can cut your own meat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Like I said, a stupid man cannot tell other people what someone smarter than they are said because they're too stupid to understand it, though in your case dishonesty is included.

      You are retarded by choice and predilection. There was a lot of that in the NYC area of our generation, you are merely typical and not even a very smart one.

      Delete