Sunday, March 8, 2020

Update: Not The Worst News But We're Still Up In The Air

The state health officials say that none of the samples sent to the CDC tested positive for Covid-19 which is good news, if true.  My sister's doctor will only go so far as to say that the results he got were inconclusive.  Which means no one knows what it means.  I know that's not unheard of for even more well established tests but this one is hardly well established or which has a short history without problems.  

Before Trump went to the CDC and it was clear that the actual health professionals there are feeling political pressure, I'd have had near total confidence in them, now  I don't know.  

We're still being told to take precautions.  For whatever that's worth.  If nothing else, it's been good practice for either this round or the one they think might come later this year or next.  Nothing concentrates your attention quite like being told you've possibly got the plague.  I have been trying to find out if they think this years version of it might confer some measure of immunity to another strain and what I'm reading isn't reassuring.  

I've still got a fever and an unproductive cough though I'm drinking a lot more water than usual.  Still taking large doses of vitamin-C.  Still wondering what's going on.  Still not seeing students and that's going to start pinching soon.  I've never been the hands-on type of teacher who had physical contact with students but I do have to stand close enough to see what they're doing.  But my teaching space is really small.   I might have to take up pod-casting for cash.  Looking at the ones that make money it doesn't appear it takes much work.   Speaking of which, I'm apparently banned from commenting at Majority Report now, which sort of pleases me.  They're not as bad as The Young Turks comments which are the most putrid I've ever seen outside of the overtly fascist right.  But they're getting there with the encouragement of Sam and Jamie and Michael and their guests.  I don't know how Digby can go on that thing, now. 

No comments:

Post a Comment