Friday, November 29, 2019

Note

As noted in a note below,  the black Friday piece got posted a day early by error.  I don't have anything else right now and I've got another day of stacking wood to get to.   Consider it my Friday morning post and I'll try to post something more later. 

I do recommend Raymond Aron's book, it is quite an eye opener.  I guess as a direct observer to the Paris scene as so much of the nonsense with the Marxists and existentialists was getting underway he saw through it faster than a hick from the sticks of Maine who was a brat at the time he wrote his book would have. 


Image result for croatia vukovar dove

Update:  I just thought, also worth reading is this story, translated from Spomenka 
Štimec's very fine book Kroata Milita Noktlibro, Rene from Vukovar.  The book is available in English translation.  It's a good translation but her original is an example of very fine Esperanto writing.  

No comments:

Post a Comment