Thursday, June 20, 2019

Hate Mail

Atheism has been part of the process of people stuck in places like Madison, Wisconsin, Girad, Kansas, Orono-Bangor*, Maine and, especially among the pretentious kewlsters of New York City to pretend they were kewel radicals saying outrageously transgressive things that would make people think they were kewel.  What it was was them saying stupid stuff that impressed mostly others of their kind and most other people ignored.  It's also part of math deficient people in the humanities and other non-kewel science fields to pretend they're hep to science when they're not.  As I've pointed out, the irony of that is that those guys turn science into a pious observance reliant, not on understanding, but appeal to authority, their faith making it next to impossible for them to understand what they're doing.  

It's also been the resentment of creepy boys who figure that if only those girls who refuse them were atheists they'd have sex with them - I think that was a big part of it with many a college faculty heathen.  See Also: "Elevatorgate". 

What it isn't is a sign of intellectual power.  As I've said, Hans Kung, Elizabeth A. Johnson, Walter Brueggemann, Marilynne Robinson, etc. are great intellectuals, especially as compared to the "Bright" lites of atheism.  I mean, Dennett, one of their higher power intellectuals tried to popularlize atheists taking on that name, "Brights" which was one of the stupidest ideas of the last quarter century.  

*  When I was in college I wrote a word-jazz style piece about Bangor hipsters that I wish I still had.  I'd like to know if it still worked.  I wonder if there are still Bangor hipsters. 

Update:  Big deal.  I played live on Radio Po-Go probably about the same time you recorded that crap.  I got over it, you're still imagining it's your big chance.   I imagine it was part of their oldies nostalgia, neuralgia show or something.  Geezer rockers trying to remember where they left their little blue whoopie pills for 60 year old groupies.  It's rock'nroll or rather hawk and drool.   

I'd rather hear Down Memory Lane with Toby L.  And I don't listen to that, anymore. 

Update 2:  "When you work for a low powered station that doesn't make money you have to fill lots of air time with free shit."   A friend who has managed a low power radio station.  I just ran this past him, he chuckled. 

Update 3:  I think you should get checked for presbycusis.  I think when you think someone was saying you were a "cool cat" what they really said was that you're a "coot prat". 

No comments:

Post a Comment