Monday, January 14, 2019

On Tulsi Gabbard

I'm asked what I think of Tulsi Gabbard annoucning that she, at the age of 37 is announcing a presidential run, 15 years after she made vicious anti-LGBT speeches.  

First, she might overcome that with 20 years of hard work, in office favoring equality, not just for LGBT people but for everyone.

Second, she's too young, 57 is a credible age for a presidential candidate, one with decades of experience in office and with a long track record of service in political office.  Announcing at 37 is a publicity stunt, not a candidacy.  See what I said about Sanders, Keyes and Cain below. 

I don't have any problem with people seeing the light and leaving the hate behind, I believe in redemption and growth.  But when it comes to voting for a president, I've got to see it for a long time.   I've also heard things about her dissing Mazie Hirono.  You don't diss Mazie Hirono and expect to get my vote. 

No comments:

Post a Comment