Wednesday, October 3, 2018

Stupid Mail

Simps is outraged that I wasn't a fanboy of UB40 back when he and Brett Kavanaugh's boys were grooving to a bunch of white guys playing reggae.   Simps is pretty much a white bread kind of music guy. 

Reggae, without the politics, it's a music that interested me for about the first twenty minutes, then I realized the rhythm wasn't going to change and I lost interest.  It took a little longer for Eschaton to have that effect on me but eventually the interesting people dropped out as they realized it was useless.

Update:  Stupy thinks The Harder They Fall was an apolitical expression of Pat Boone style white reggae, or something like that.  Stupes doesn't read so it's no wonder he doesn't think. 

Update 2:  Stupy is in a lather because, not googling like he does, I misremembered the title of the movie, which I'd guess it's been about forty-three or so years ago I saw it.   He's such a provincial boob that he doesn't know people in the Boston area (where I was at the time) would probably have known the movie before he did, sitting in his room grooving to the Beach Boys and looking in the mirror.   

Update 3:  Oh, now he's going all Duchess on me, expressing outrage that I claim I achieved his idea of the highest of cultural achievements, watching a movie.  Being your typical New York City area hick, he figures anyone North of the suburbs grew up without electricity.   There is no one more ignorant of American life than his type of provincial NYC area white-boy snob.  

2 comments:

  1. "There is no one more ignorant of American life than his type of provincial NYC area white-boy snob."

    Feel free to regale me with tales of your life raising corn in the mid-West and doing farm chores.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Posted only because you prove my point while being so stupid and provincial that you don't even understand that.

      I wonder if you know what direction New England is from NYC.

      Delete