Wednesday, August 23, 2017

Hate Mail - It Can Never Happen Here Because ACLU

Well, that's a summary.    You ever want to get a rise out of alleged lefties, point out that the ACLU are enabling Nazis, the KKK, white supremacists and the billionaire boys club.... I'd go on but I've already descended into a tautological loop.   

There are lots of things that I never believed could happen.  In 1970 I would never have believed that less than a decade later, the ACLU would have convinced me it was a big part of the problem.   I never would have believed I'd consider the Warren court and even some of the great names, even of Justice Thurgood Marshall, to have made some of the most serious mistakes of judgement in the modern history of the court, enabling that list in the first paragraph above over egalitarian democracy. There was a time not very long ago when I would never believe in 2017 you could get better and more important information from Esquire and GQ than you do from The Nation or In These Times, that I'd have largely stopped reading those lefty magazines because, with their enablement of the election of Trump, they are run by idiots.   I did, though, always know the Green Party was a bunch of play-lefty posing idiots who, after 1996 were likely to do nothing but enable Republicans   That was the same year I realized what a total a-hole Ralph Nader was, though I realized that he was a jerk the first time I looked at his name in the authors section of Books in Print.   About the only person who had their name posted on as many things they clearly never wrote was that renowned "scientist" Elena Ceaușescu, wife of the dictator of Rumania.   

But I digress.  

What did I say about the ACLU that isn't true?  

4 comments:

  1. "I'd go on but I've already descended into a tautological loop. "

    I think you're confusing that with having your head up your ass.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know you'd like to have more in common with me, Simps, but I don't have that in common with you. And I narrowly escaped what you're habitually wrapped up in.

      Delete
  2. Even the ACLU appears to be changing its tune on Nazis, or at least ones who open carry at demonstrations...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Considering the Nazi in Charlottesville used a car, it seems to be way too little, way too late.

      I really have come to the conclusion, seeing the destruction of the progress in civil rights, won with so much struggle and the sacrifice of blood being turned back to the indigenous American version of white supremacy and not unimaginably, now, actual Nazism, seeing the resurgence of Nazism world wide, I really do think that such ideologies will have to be suppressed, the expression of them made illegal and effectively ended if it is not to happen again. I'd rather take a chance on the American government getting it wrong once in a while over the obvious chance of "it" happening again.

      I'm totally through with the ACLU.

      Delete