Friday, March 11, 2016

(Dis)Comfort Viewing

I am worn out and sick.  Posting is going to be hit or miss till I get rid of this lingering cold.   I'm tempted to get all of the videos people have given me and try to vegetate until it's over.  I'll post a few videos I've liked listening to, recently.

Here's one by Tom Regnier, a lawyer, that applies the Rules of Evidence to the great and entertaining authorship question.  Well, I find it entertaining.   Some of what he says I'd never heard before, it might make it more comprehensible when reading about a trial or, heaven help us, there's another great and awful televised celebrity trial.  I understand that cable is going to rehash the O.J. trial and, what a coincidence, the L. A. police have introduced a knife allegedly dug up by a worker at Simpson's former residence, given to an L. A. cop who, for who knows what reason, kept it for twenty years and recently turned it in setting off, no doubt, a jillion online comments and tab-cabloid rehashings.  I can imagine, considering what the trial did for cabloid TV that they'd love to get another one.  Me, I thought it was proof positive that televised trials are a horrible idea.  I'd better stop before I start ranting.


No comments:

Post a Comment