Tuesday, November 12, 2013

That's It, No More Downloading Software or Updates

I just spent several hours trying to get rid of the putrid Sweet Packs zombie software that I got from a well known source that bills itself as "virus free".  I was trying to find a simple foreign language word processing program and that was the result.

I'm keeping a list of software that has given people these kinds of hidden add-ons. From my search of the problem I've seen some people advise against the quick "recommended" express type of installation but to laboriously go through the features you are downloading to see if you can avoid this kind of trash but I'm guessing even that is no guarantee.  I guess you get what you don't pay for.  I'd hate to have to give up open source software but I'm not interested in getting infected again.

No comments:

Post a Comment