Monday, January 1, 2024

"Why didn't you post about Simps during the week between Chrismas and New Years like you said you would."

As the late Alfred Lunt is reputed to say when complimented on he and his partner, Lynn Fontanne,  sticking to the stage instead of going on the movies, "Oh, we can be bought but we can't be bored."

It's essentially making bricks with the straw that comes out of his head,  I can do it but the results aren't generally worth it.   Maybe I should go back to answering him in limericks again.   My rule was that I wouldn't post it if it took me more than five minutes to come up with one.  Usually it took a lot less than that. 

Or in the form of Burma Shave signs.  I remember the tail end of the advertising campaign, there used to be a set on the highway into a town two towns away from here that stayed up a long, long time after they stopped producing them.  Shows you how old I am.  

No comments:

Post a Comment